Are you a strategic thinker with excellent research and leadership skills and eager to make a difference while leading research in public interest areas? Do you have market research industry experience and are you looking to advance your career, while working on meaning projects around mental health and sustainability? We’ve got the perfect job opportunity for you.
Our client develops research-based communication strategies and evaluation for government departments and membership-based organisations on a variety of public interest issues. Their research-based methodology ensures that all communication initiatives are built on solid insights and concepts that have a large impact.
To join their research team, our client is looking for a dynamic and resourceful candidate with excellent research skills and leadership experience. The suitable candidate must have strategic thinking abilities with a passion for research and public insights. The ideal applicant will be driven by a passion for social change, able to lead teams, capable of handling numerous workstreams and eager to deliver high-performing projects in a fast-paced setting.
You must have a thorough understanding of qualitative research methodology, as well as quantitative knowledge and a passion to help organisations become more successful by identifying breakthrough opportunities for social and environmental change that will make Australia a better place.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lead and inspire a dynamic team to glean insights that guide stakeholder’s engagement and member retention strategies
- Comprehend the goals and needs of the projects while focusing on the goals and needs of the end-users
- Escalate project issues and risks appropriately, and drives them to resolution by proactively identifying potential obstacles and solutions
- Supports client management teams and the Head of Research in committing to the highest level and quality of service delivery to clients, with a particular focus on qualitative research
- Develop ambitious yet realistic research strategies and proposals to execute research initiatives on time and budget
- Manage multiple projects and workstreams concurrently to coordinate suppliers, field work companies and research recruitment companies to ensure project outcomes are met
- Liaises with clients throughout various stages of a research project and works to meet client expectations
- Synthesize research findings and create relevant, revealing and inspiring presentations
- Cultivate strong collaborations with cross-functional colleagues, including Communication and campaign management, Design, Data Science, and broader Marketing functions to bring the consumer perspective to the forefront of business decisions of stakeholders.
- Identifies and documents best practices, and drives implementation
- Strong communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- 5+ years of experience in market/consumer research
- Independent and self-motivated, able to create structure and direction out of ambiguity
- High numeracy skills, ability to deal with and analyse quantitative data to generate meaningful conclusion and insights
- Analytical and conceptual thinking; ability to understand systems and processes
- Relevant degree required
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and provides supportive team environment with an opportunity to create meaningful impact. You will experience a think tank environment with direct access to influencers, leading journalists and strategists. Numerous organisational benefits including 6 weeks of annual leave.
Please note that you must have permanent residency/citizenship for Australia to be considered for this role.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, highlighting your competencies that fulfil the selection criteria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you.