If you’re curious, motivated, want to be part of a unique global research agency and help shape the future of public and private organisations – then take a look at this opportunity.
Our client is a full-service strategic research agency with over 30 years of experience in delivering quantitative and qualitative research projects driven by rigorous data and process in Australia. They facilitate quantitative and qualitative research initiatives suited to large and small target audiences as needed, allowing awareness, views and attitudes to be evaluated and examined. These include tracking community and stakeholder satisfaction with essential service delivery, performing pre-and post-campaign advertising research and obtaining input on views, preferences and behaviours from companies and the general public. Through smart research design and execution, our client enables marketing projects for their stakeholders that are built on proof, not promises.
Our client is looking for a Commercial Director who has a winning mentality and attitude. The Commercial Director is responsible for providing the best service possible to our clients’ agency and brand partners, including business development, client retention and account growth. This role thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced atmosphere, touching all aspects of a campaign from pre-sale to post-sale, ensuring its success. The Commercial Director will cultivate client relationships, develop new collaboration strategies, and evaluate and optimise project success. There is a great potential for growth and progression inside the organisation while you work across multiple levels of the organisational hierarchy.
The Commercial Director is responsible for strategic client relations, consistent accomplishment of duties amongst their team and active engagement in the development/improvement of the broader organisational goals while leading a team of account managers and coordinators.
What You’ll do
- You are a thought leader in growth transformation and a subject matter expert on the client’s business, objectives, organisation and future goals.
- You act as a role model for the account management team and give proactive input/insight in areas that move the agency ahead, such as organisation, workflow and morale.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, offering advice & insight and demonstrate comprehensive understanding of business communications and use connections to further clients’ business goals and sell in additional opportunities.
- Manage the team, process and project implementation; guarantee adequate time allocation; and manage internal and external resources.
- Develop new business by identifying opportunities, creating pitches and actively pursuing opportunities.
- Generate new business through recognising opportunities, developing proposals and actively pursuing them.
- Responding informally and officially, verbally and in writing, to client inquiries, briefs and RFQs.
- Developing client-ready materials, such as survey instruments (quantitative questionnaires, qualitative discussion guides) and research reports, with assistance from internal support.
- Develop relationships with current and prospective clients by providing them with relevant insights and reports.
What you’ll have
- 5+ years’ experience working in the market research industry and/or social research
- Successful completion of university and/or vocational studies at tertiary graduate level in social sciences, marketing, market research or relevant discipline
- A desire to learn, grow and develop within your role and the organization
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Analytical ability to make sense of data and find insight
- Experience using Q-Research and SPSS software for analysis and familiarity with the Confirmit data collection software platform would be an advantage
- Skills in using MS Excel, including the transfer of data outputs
What we offer
Along with offering competitive salary and benefits package, our client is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please note that you must have permanent residency/citizenship for Australia to be considered for this role.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com, highlighting your competencies that fulfil the selection criteria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you.