Aptitude Recruitment is committed to protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information and to complying with the Privacy Act and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This statement explains how we aim to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information we manage and the way we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
Any personal information we collect on you during the course of running our business may no longer be subject to the Privacy Act and this policy statement will no longer be applicable to you if you become an employee of ours. However, any personal information we hold on our employees will be treated appropriately.
Personal information held by us
Personal information we hold includes information such as your contact details, work experience, qualifications, aptitude test results, opinions about your work performance (eg references), incidents at the workplace, and other information obtained or received by us in connection with your possible and actual work placements.
In addition, we may collect sensitive information (e.g. information about your health, medical history or specific condition, criminal record, professional memberships etc), however we will only collect such information with your consent.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected directly from you when you:
• complete an application form or submit your resume.
• attend an interview.
• provide us with personal information in person, by telephone, by email, by mail or any other channels.
Personal information may also be collected from a source other than you including when:
• we receive or give any reference about you.
• we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body.
• we receive the results of any competency, psychometric, or medical test.
• we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative).
• we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace.
• we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved.
• we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
You can choose not to provide Aptitude Recruitment with any information about you, although it may be needed to receive the services provided by Aptitude Recruitment.
Use of your Personal Information?
Aptitude Recruitment collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for to provide you with our recruitment services. This may include using and disclosing your personal information to facilitate or otherwise in connection with:
• you being offered employment or an engagement with a client of ours.
• your actual or potential work placements with clients of Aptitude Recruitment.
• undertaking performance appraisals in relation to your former or current work placements with clients of ours.
• any test, assessments or checks (including medical tests and assessments and criminal record checks) that you might be required to undergo for the purposes of assessing your suitability for a potential work placement or task with a client of ours.
• the management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved during a work placement with a client of ours.
• any insurance claim or proposal in which we are involved by virtue of your current or previous work placements with a client of Aptitude Recruitment.
Aptitude Recruitment may also collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information for:
• administrative and business management purposes;
• marketing purposes and to identify and inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you;
• its own internal recruitment processes; and/or
• any other legal requirement.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Aptitude Recruitment takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Aptitude Recruitment discloses your personal information in order to provide you with our recruitment services or for other related purposes. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
• clients of ours who may be your potential or actual employer or with whom you may be placed on a work placement;
• your referees;
• Aptitude Recruitment’s insurers;
• a professional association or registration body if relevant to the provision of Aptitude Recruitment’s services or otherwise with your consent;
• a workers compensation body in accordance with applicable legislation;
• Aptitude Recruitment’s contractors and suppliers including IT contractors and database designers;
• Aptitude Recruitment’s professional advisors;
• any other entity, with your consent, or to whom disclosure is required or authorised by law; and/or
• any other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services.
This disclosure is always on a confidential basis.
Aptitude Recruitment does not disclose personal information to overseas recipients
Aptitude Recruitment may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such information, contact Aptitude Recruitment via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
Security of your Personal Information
Aptitude Recruitment takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds is protected against misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we will destroy or de‑identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless required by law to retain the information.
Access and Correction of your Personal Information
Aptitude Recruitment takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds on you is accurate and up‑to‑date. You have a right to access and where applicable, correct your personal information managed by us. To do so, please contact Aptitude Recruitment and will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
You will be required to prove your identity to access your personal information and we request that you specify the information you are seeking to access.
We may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request. We will process your request within 30 days and where we refuse your request we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Please direct all complaints to Aptitude Recruitment’s Privacy Compliance Officer via the contact details below.
At complaints will be treated sincerely and in a timely and confidential manner. Further, complaints will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and us.
Aptitude Recruitment’s Privacy Compliance Officer will conduct an investigation regarding your complaint and you will be informed of the outcome following its completion. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the investigation, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
For further information or enquiries regarding personal information that we hold about you, please write to: